Tuesday, January 21, 2014

When do you point the finger at yourself?

Its been so long since I blogged but for the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of reflecting....thinking about what role I play in some of the negative situations that occur in my life. 2013 went by like a blur and for me personally it contained a lot of drama and arguing and stress.


Today it occurred to me that I cant continue to always point the finger at others because I play a key role in some of it by simply responding. I always heard sometimes silence is the best response but I've had quite a time putting that to use. I have never been able to turn the other cheek or walk away from confrontation when I feel that Im being disrespected... 
I see red and I lose all control of my temper and that is not healthy especially for mfs that aren't worth it.






However I'm 34 now and I'll be damn if Im going to be arguing with people, especially people that don't mean anything special to me over pointless shit. Far too often I let people take me out of my square and I react to shit that I should just walk away from and ignore. Got into a little verbal spar with someone today and as I was responding to the texts I felt those feelings coming back, my face getting hot, the anger, etc..... all the things that aren't healthy for me at the end of the day.
So I said how about learning to just STOP responding. When we say we are going to remove the negative people and things from our life we need to do exactly that.




LET
THE
FUCK
GO




When people feel the need to get nasty and disrespectful block those bitches and keep it moving. That's what Im going to work on for this year. I know it wont happen overnight but Im taking steps towards it starting with just simply ignoring people and their SHIT.






Signed,




Love.....

















No comments:

Post a Comment