Saturday, May 26, 2012

Good Deeds.....


Its memorial day weekend and I find myself not doing the usual this holiday. No cookouts, no parties, not hanging out with my friends. Just relaxing. My daughter is gone for the weekend and wont be back til Monday. :(

Anyhow today I made myself some stir fry and popped in Good Deeds by Tyler Perry.
.When Kane got shot in Menace II Society, When E.T left Gerdie and got on that ship to go home, Yeah I know we ALL cried...But I have NEVER in all my life cried this much over or through any movie.

I think I identified so much with the role Thandie Newton played and I saw so many similarities in my life that it just hit a little too close. It inspired me dont get me wrong but it was just crazy....


 I mean here we have a woman in her 30's with a 6 year old daughter that life just threw a ton of curveballs at. She lost her place, had to start from the bottom all over again. .That =.....ME
I've had the loss of my home. I've been that woman in the broken down car just frustrated with life and a crying daughter in the back seat. I've had those days where everything seems to be going wrong. Daughter is dropped off late to school because of car problemsand it just seems like you cant WIN. And that frustration can come across as attitude to others because you feel like no one understands what you're feeling. The movie was so eerily similar that I had the O_O look a few times like say what???

But you have to be strong through all of that and realize those days wont be around forever. When you're going through it though, its SO hard to see the brighter picture.
Im at the rebuild point NOW with school and acquiring some of the things I lost... but I experienced so much of what she did with the exception of being homeless or having to sleep in my car. *Prayers up that I never get there and thank God for a big family.

Anyhow it was an awesome movie. A tear jerker but great none the less, touching for me. Maybe one of the most touching movies I've personally watched. So at the end she found her dream man and moved to Africa. Im all for the dream man but I prefer to stay in the states.  :)

I've got a headache now so Im gonna lay it down and pop in Safehouse with Denzel and try to get some rest.

Until than....

No comments:

Post a Comment