Saturday, May 12, 2012

What do you do....

When someone you love, loses someone they love?

I know you're supposed to be supportive but sometimes I dont know what that entails. My heart goes out to my friend because he lost his grandmother. I dont know what it feels like to lose someone close to me. I just know how much it hurts me to know what he has to deal with mentally. I wish I could fix it and make it all better.
I wish I could take away the pain or grieving. But I know I cant.

What I can and will do though is be there with him in whatever way he needs me to be.
Time heals all wounds and Im there for the long haul so however long it takes we will get through this together. When people lose a loved one sometimes they dont want to talk about it or they dont want to hear people say things to make them feel better. Sometimes they might just simply need you to be there, maybe even if its just being in eachothers company but  being silent.

I decided to blog about this because I dont want to irritate him or bother him or be overbearing during such a sensitive time. I know he'll talk if and when he's ready. But I promise to pray as hard as I can for his strength through this. I wish I would have had a chance to meet her, but I know one thing. He was an awesome Grandson. Always there for her, always visiting. And he can rest peacefully knowing he was so involved.

I might not have the words to say but I'll be there to hold your hand every step of the way.

I love you


No comments:

Post a Comment